You will be appointed as a post-doc researcher in our team. Your main activities will evolve around the European Horizon 2020 VALUECARE project in 7 European countries. VALUECARE develops and evaluates value based integrated care for older people with the support of new IT applications. We are the leaders of the VALUECARE consortium and take care of the European coordination. We are responsible for the theme ‘valuebased health care’ in VALUECARE. We also arrange the implementation and execution of the scientific evaluation through a multi-center controlled trial in 7 pilot sites in Europe. Additionally, we also carry out a local trial in The Netherlands, in collaboration with the neurology department.
You will contribute together with other colleagues to the implementation of our tasks and responsibilities in the ValueCare project. This will be approximately 60% of your job responsibilities. The other 40% of your job responsibilities will consist of:
- Conduct research analyses and write scientific papers.
- Providing guidance and supervision to junior researchers in the section.
- Acquisition of new projects (applying for new research funding).
The tasks and responsibilities in the ValueCare project include the following:
- Organising the study.
- Contribute to development of the new approach (‘value-based health care’).
- Collecting and analysing data.
- Reporting and writing scientific papers.
You will work in an interdisciplinary research team that includes a comprehensive mix of relevant backgrounds, including clinical practice, public health, psychology and sociology. This position offers you the opportunity to develop a broad set of skills in project management, supervision, writing and acquisition as post-doc/senior researcher. You will be able to gain more experience with a broad range of quantitative and qualitative research methods, applied to addressing highly relevant societal challenges among citizens across Europe, potentially resulting in significant health impact.
Qualifications and skills
- You are a PhD graduate in Health Sciences, Public Health, Epidemiology, Medicine, Psychology, or a related field.
- You have the following key skills: quantitative and qualitative research and analyses, scientific communication (oral and written) and project management.
- You have affinity with quantitative (and preferably qualitative) research and want to acquire further experience in advanced data analysis, writing of scientific papers and supervision of PhD students.
- You are interested and motivated to contribute to acquisition of funding by developing new project ideas together with colleagues in- and outside academia.
- In addition to English language skills, you also preferably have good Dutch speaking en writing skills.
- We highly support candidates who want to develop their skills in acquisition, multidisciplinary collaboration, leadership, goal-oriented working, creativity, initiative, engagement, vision, and visibility.
Before you apply please check our conditions for employment.
Terms of employment
The VALUECARE project finishes 31 May 2024. The position will be temporary for maximally 3 years (i.e. the project duration), starting with a temporary position for 1 year, after which renewal is possible. The gross monthly salary amounts a maximum of € 4.615,- (scale 10), depending on your level of education and relevant experience and based on a full-time working week of 36 hours. We offer the opportunity for candidates who have the ambition to develop as a post-doc/senior researcher in the field of public health.
The terms of employment are in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
Information and application
For more information about this position, please contact Hein Raat, professor, phone number: +31 (0)10 703 85 80 or e-mail: email@example.com or Amy van Grieken, assistant professor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For queries regarding your application, please contact Jerry Chandansingh, Recruiter, by phone number: +31 (0)6 500 310 06.
If you are excited by the thought of this position and would like to apply, please do so by using the application form on our website.
No agencies please.