You will work within a multidisciplinary team with Molecular Biologists for Clinical Pathology (MBCP), Pathologists and Clinical Geneticists and Clinicians. You will contribute high end molecular diagnostics to improve targeted treatment of patients. There is continuous innovation in this part of pathology diagnostics.
As a Molecular Biologist for Clinical Pathology you will conduct and interpret the molecular diagnostic work flow as a molecular expert, versed in bioinformatic output. You are a discussion partner for clinicians and multidisciplinary consultations (MDOs). You are, above all, responsible for timely innovation in the molecular diagnostic for pathology, premeditating guideline changes in an increasingly IVDR environment. You are a driver of innovative technologies in a state of art lab.
We offer room to (sub)specialize, foster a tenure track to set up/continue your research line. You will seek funding for research projects through personal, national, European and other international grant opportunities. You will participate in teaching, supervise bachelor and master research projects. We can contribute to a PhD student.
The Pathology Department aims for learning healthcare, integration with other laboratories and digital imaging in our Diagnostics 2030 programme. Pathology wants to realize this programme in a technical UMC convergence, in close cooperation with TU Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Working in the largest academic hospital in the Netherlands. Erasmus MC stands for a healthy population and excellent care through research and education. Pioneering, pushing back frontiers and leading the way in research, education and care. Erasmus MC employs thinkers that act. Passionate engagement to create expertise for improving and innovating today's care for tomorrow's health.
The activities of the laboratory for molecular diagnostics, in collaboration with pathologists and clinicians, are largely performed on the interface of diagnostics and research, making excellent and innovative diagnostics available for our patients (regular, consultative and in trials).
Qualifications and skills
- You are a certified Molecular Biologists for Clinical Pathology (KMBP' er)/ Clinical Scientist.
- You are ambitious and have good communication skills
- You are open to new developments
- You can work well in a team
- You want to develop in research
Before you apply please check our conditions for employment.
Terms of employment
- A challenging position within an University Medical Centre (UMC) in the Netherlands with high ambitions in care, education and research.
- In principle, this is a one-year appointment to be converted into an indefinite appointment.
- Salary will depend on education and experience.
- Excellent secondary conditions, such as a 13th month already paid in November and a personal budget for travel expenses.
- Pension insurance with ABP. We cover around 2/3 of the monthly contribution.
- Special benefits, such as a physiotherapist and a company bicycle mechanic. And there is also a health club where you can work on your fitness after working hours.
- An International Office which aids you in preparing for your journey and stay.
All terms of employment are in accordance with the University Medical Centre Collective Labour Agreement.
For more information about this position, please contact Folkert van Kemenade, Chair of Pathology, telephone: +31(0)10 704 39 25 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.